The First Regional Compost Authority appreciates your participation in this cooperative recycling effort which provides a drop off/pick up area for your use.
- Stop and alert attendant by pressing the intercom button before drop off or pick up
- Show photo identification or permit prior to entering
- Drop items in designated areas only or by direction of attendant
- Attendant has the right to refuse any drop off materials
- NO Commercial Vehicles for Drop-Off or Pick-Up
- Grass clippings accepted (certain rules apply).
Grass Clippings - Rules and Regulations
- DEP permit and the First Regional Compost Authority Board approved the acceptance of grass clippings at processing site only.
- FRCA will only accept grass clippings from approved vehicles:
- Pick-up trucks (6 and 8 foot beds)
- Small trailers (up to 8 feet)
- Passenger vehicles
- There will be no charge for participating authority residents to drop off grass clippings unless an unapproved vehicle is being used for drop off.
- Residential drop off will take place by bag or container only, no bulk acceptance by resident unless researched by Director of Operations and approved. Residential drop off using anything other than bags or containers could be billed based on the vehicle used.
- All bags and containers must be removed from the site after drop off is finished.
- There will be no grass clippings dropped off at any of the Township/Borough sites.
- FRCA reserves the right to refuse any grass clippings based on the condition of the clippings, the inability to transport the clippings, quantity of grass on the site, or if the source of the grass is questionable.
Mulch and Compost
The mulch and compost made at FRCA is free for all residents unless it is loaded by an employee. Residents may pick up unlimited amounts of mulch, but compost is limited to two five gallon buckets. Loading fees are $15.00 per three yards of mulch, and $15.00 per yard of compost when material is available.
FRCA Acceptable Items
- Wood/ Tree Limbs - up to 8 inches in diameter and 8 feet long
- Tree Trunks (see large item rate sheet)
- Stumps (see large item rate sheet)
- Christmas trees
- Wood chips
- Stump grindings (clean - no dirt)
- Old mulch
- Pine cones
- Walnut Shells
- Pine needles
- Locust pods
- Maple Walnut pods
- Shredded leaves
- Ornamental Grass
- Grass Clippings - Green, dry and odor free
- Thatch - limited amounts, call prior to drop-off
- Yard vegetation - (free of dirt)
- Flower/garden plants - (free of dirt)
- Sod - limited amounts, call prior for large quantities
FRCA Unacceptable Items
- Railroad ties
- Telephone poles
- Pressure treated wood
- Construction materials
- Treated Fence Post or fence
- Decomposed - Foul odor
- Inorganic material - rocks, stone, brick, cinder block, concrete
- Household Waste
- Metal (of any type)